Saturday, February 14, 2015

Fan fiction: Little Prince meets his rose again

LITTLE PRINCE: Good morning, Rose!

ROSE: Oh, you're back!  I thought I won't see you again.

LITTLE PRINCE: I thought so, too. How are the caterpillars?

ROSE: One of them turned into a butterfly.  He thanked me for caring for him while he was still in the cocoon.  He became like a child to me.  But he's gone now.  He told me that he heard that Earth has many flowers and he wish to go there, too.  Have you seen the flowers on Earth?

LITTLE PRINCE: Yes.

ROSE: Are they pretty?

LITTLE PRINCE: Yes.

ROSE: Are they beautiful?

LITTLE PRINCE: Yes.  Actually, there are many flowers on Earth. There are many roses--a whole field of roses in fact.  They are all very pretty.  They are all very lovely.

ROSE: So why did you still come back?

LITTLE PRINCE: I don't know. [Pause] Did the tiger come?

ROSE: No.

LITTLE PRINCE: I did not see a tiger on earth.  Maybe because no one tamed tigers on Earth.

ROSE: What is tame?

LITTLE PRINCE: To tame someone is to establish ties. That's what the fox told me.

ROSE: So you need a string to tie yourself to someone?

LITTLE PRINCE: Umm, yes.  Actually, I brought a ribbon.

ROSE: You establish ties through a ribbon?

LITTLE PRINCE: Yes.  Here, let me tie a little knot over your stem.

ROSE: The white ribbon looks lovely!  Am I not lovely?

LITTLE PRINCE: Of course, you are lovely.

ROSE: Why did you give me the ribbon?

LITTLE PRINCE: To establish ties. There are many roses on earth--all lovely and beautiful.  But there is only one rose that I that I have watered, only one rose that I have put under the glass globe, only one rose that I have sheltered behind the screen, only one rose that I have killed for her the caterpillars (except the two or three that we saved to become butterflies), only one rose I have listened to--even when she grumbled, or boasted, or ever sometimes when she said nothing. There is only one rose in my life and that is you.

ROSE: Even if there are many other roses in the world?

LITTLE PRINCE: Yes, because you are my only rose.

ROSE: Even if my petals fall one by one?

LITTLE PRINCE: Yes, because you are my beloved rose.

ROSE: Even if I am not anymore as fragrant as before?

LITTLE PRINCE: Yes, because you are my rose.

ROSE: I am sleepy.

LITTLE PRINCE: Here, sleep on my lap.

ROSE: I snore.

LITTLE PRINCE: I know.

ROSE: Good night!

LITTLE PRINCE: Good night, too!  Tomorrow is a new day.

The Little Prince 70th Anniversary Gift Set (Book/CD/Downloadable Audio)
The Little Prince 70th Anniversary Gift Set (Book/CD/Downloadable Audio)
The Tale of the Rose: The Passion That Inspired The Little Prince
The Tale of the Rose: The Passion That Inspired The Little Prince
Little Prince w Fox Soft Toy
Little Prince w Fox Soft Toy
Hope for the Flowers
Hope for the Flowers
LE PETIT PRINCE LOVE POP-UP CARD - Rose
LE PETIT PRINCE LOVE POP-UP CARD - Rose